Test and development of various electric propulsion systems, plasma sources, and plasma wind tunnels.
- Atmosphere-Breathing Electric Propulsion (ABEP);
- Inertial Electrostatic Confinement (IEC) as propulsion device and for plasma applications;
- Applied-Field MPD-Thruster (AF-MPD);
- Pulsed Plasma Thruster (PPT);
- Inductive Plasma Thruster (IPT, Helicon);
- Thermal Arcjets;
- Water Electrolysis Propulsion;
- Test, development and operation of plasma wind tunnels for the qualification of heat shield materials and of numerical methods for spacecraft's reentry, interplanetary probes, and rocket coumbustion chambers.