Mission- and System analysis and design of spacecraft and space structures:
- CubeSat development and CubeSat-Standard complying experiments
- Structure and technology development for lunar application
- Generic system design
- One article published in a peer-reviewed journal (as of July 2017).
- 16 conference papers in total, 5 of which as main author (as of July2017).
- (Co-)author of more than ten technical reports and technical notes (as of July 2017).
- One lecture as part of the lecture series “Unconventional Propulsion systems” (PD Dr.-Ing. G.
Herdrich) during the winter semester (master studies aerospace engineering):
- Magnetic launch systems
- Organization of the lecture series “electric propulsion systems” (PD Dr.-Ing. G. Herdrich) during the summer semester (master studies aerospace engineering)
- Supervising of one bachelor thesis on the topic of radiation cooling and radiators.
- Supervising and mentoring projects of the Small Satellite Student Society University of Stuttgart (KSat e.V.)
- Active support of the PAPELL project, which will be conducted in 2018 by ESA-astronaut Alexander Gerst on the International Spacestation. A non-mechanical pump concept utilizing the interaction of ferrofluid with electromagnets is analyzed.
- Supportive mentoring of the ROACH project. A rover used electrostatically charged chains to be attached on metallic surfaces.
- Mentoring of space-related software projects of selected students within the scope of Google Summer of Code.
- Mentoring of space-related software projects of one selected student within the scope of ESA Summer of Code in Space.
- PAPELL: Pump Application using Pulsed Electromagnets for Liquid Relocation (DLR Überflieger Experiment, 50JR1705, 2017 bis 2018)
- Lunar Massdriver (Lunar transport technology on linear accelerator basis 2016 bis pending)
- CleanSat BB28: Arcjet Orbit Raising and Deorbit Module (ESA Clean Space Initiative, contract no. 4500541210, 2016 bis 2017)
- MIRKA2-RX: Mikrorrückkehrkapsel 2 – REXUS Experiment (DLR Soundingrocketexperiment on REXUS 19, 2015 bis 2016)
- CubeSat Atmospheric Probe for Education CAPE (Educational nanosatellite project, pending)
- ESMO: European Student Moon Orbiter, Propulsion System Gas Feed System Design (ESA, 2009 bis 2012)