- Inertial Electrostatic Confinement device
- Electric propulsion
- Electrostatic probe diagnosis
- Mono-propellant and Bi-propellant thruster development with HTP (High Test Peroxide)
- Reaction Control System development
- Chan, Y. A., Syring, C., Herdrich, G., Development of Inertial Electrostatic Confinement Devices for Space Propulsion in IRS, 5th Space Propulsion Conference, Rome, Italy, May 2-6, 2016.
- Tseng, K. C., Liu, H. J., Pai, C. K., Kou, T. C., and Chan, Y. A., Development of Satellite Propulsion Components for Hydrogen Peroxide Propellant, 5th Space Propulsion Conference, Rome, Italy, May 2-6, 2016.
- Herdrich, G., Syring, C., Torgau, T., Chan, Y. A., and Petkow, D., An Approach for Thrust and Loss in Inertial Electrostatic Confinement Devices for Electric Propulsion Applications, 34th International Electric Propulsion Conference, Kobe-Hyogo, Japan July 4-10, 2015.
- Chan, Y. A., Herdrich, G., and Schönherr, T., Review of Thermal Pulsed Plasma Thruster: Concept, Categorization, and Application, 34th International Electric Propulsion Conference, Kobe-Hyogo, Japan July 4-10, 2015.
- Chan, Y. A., Liu, H. J., Tseng, K. C., and Kuo, T. C., Preliminary Development of a Hydrogen Peroxide Thruster, World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, issue 79, pp. 1180-1187, 2013.
- Chan, Y. A., Hsu, H. W., and Chao, Y.C., Development of an HTP Monopropellant Thruster by Using Composite Silver Catalyst, 47th AIAA/ASME/SAE/ASEE Joint Propulsion Conference and Exhibit, San Diego, CA Jul 31 – Aug 3, 2011
- Chan, Y. A., Hsu, H. W., Chen, G. B., and Chao, Y. C. Study of Silver Catalyst Packing for a low-thrust Hydrogen Peroxide Monopropellant Thruster, 8th Asia Pacific Conference on Combustion, Hyderabad, India, Dec 10 -13, 2010
- Chen, G. B., Hsu, H. W., Lee, T. S., Chao, Y. C., and Chan, Y. A., Indigenous Development of a Nitrous Oxide Bipropellant Propulsion System, Conference on Aeronautics and Astronautics Society of the Republic of China, Taiwan, Dec., 2010.
- Li, Y. H., Wu, C. Y. Jhan, T. A., and Chao, Y. C., Flame-Luminosity Thermophotovoltaic Power System, 5th Asian Joint Conference on Propulsion and Power, Miyazaki, Japan, Mar 3 – 4, 2010.
Master's degree program,
Unconventional Space Propulsion: "Inertial Electrostatic Confinement devices for Space Propulsion"