- Electric Space Propulsion - Pulsed Plasma Thruster (PPT)
- Space Debris/Dust - Sensors, Particle Acceleration and Impact Tests
- C. Montag, R. Laufer, M. Dropmann, G. Herdrich, O. Przybilski, T.W. Hyde, R. Srama, H.-P. Roeser: Development of a Gas Driven Particle Accelerator to Investigate Materials Impacted by Space Debris, DLRK, Rostock, Germany, September 2015.
- Y.-A. Chan, C. Montag, G. Herdrich, T. Schönherr: Review of Thermal Pulsed Plasma Thruster - Design Characterisation and Application, IEPC, Hyogo-Kobe, Japan, July 2015.
- A. S. Pagan, C. Montag, G. Herdrich, R. Laufer, the KSat Team: Cubesat Atmospheric Probe for Education, oral presentation, 10th IAA Symposium on Small Satellites of Earth Observation, Berlin, Germany, April 2015.
- M. Dropmann, N. Sterionow, K. Boehm, C. Montag, M. Schuff, O. Przybilski, R. Laufer, G. Herdrich, L. S. Matthews, T. W. Hyde, Characterization of the Inductively Heated Plasma Source IPG6-B, 56th Annual Meeting of the APS Division of Plasma Physics, New Orleans, LA, USA, October 2014.
- C. Montag, R. Laufer, R. Srama, A. Wolf, G. Herdrich, O. Przybilski, T.W. Hyde, H.-P. Roeser: A Piezo-based Particle Detection System for Ground and Space Applications, In: Small Satellites for Earth Observation, IAA Book Series – Volume 1 Number 4, Eds. R. Sandau, H.-P. Röser, A. Valenzuela, 2014.
- C. Montag, R. Laufer, R. Srama, A. Wolf, G. Herdrich, O. Przybilski, T.W. Hyde, H.-P. Roeser: A Piezo-based Particle Detection System for Ground and Space Applications, oral presentation, 9th IAA Symposium on Small Satellites of Earth Observation, Berlin, Germany, April 2013.
Work Experineces / Internships:
- April 2015 - present: PhD Student at the Institute for Space Systems (IRS) at University of Stuttgart, Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg, Germany.
- May 2014 - March 2015: Visiting Research Scholar at the Center for Astrophysics, Space Physics and Engineering Research (CASPER) at Baylor University in Waco, Texas, USA.
- June 2013 - March 2014: Student Assistant at the Fraunhofer Institute of Material Science and Abrasive Technology (IWS) in Dresden, Saxony, Germany.
- August 2012 - Februrary 2013: Visiting Research Scholar at the Center for Astrophysics and Engineering Research (CASPER), Baylor University in Waco, Texas, USA.
- March 2012: Voluntary Internship at Rolls-Royce Germany Ltd & Co. KG in Dahlewitz, Brandenburg, Germany.
- August 2011 - September 2011: Voluntary Intership at Kroening - automation for packaging and handling in Dohna, Saxony, Germany.
- 2009 - 2015 Student at TU-Dresden in the Field of Mechanical- / Aerospace Engineering in Dresden, Saxony, Germany.
- 2002 - 2009 Student at Friedrich Gymnasium Luckenwalde, Brandenburg, Germany.
- 2012 - present: Deutsche Gesellschaft für Luft- und Raumfahrt (DGLR)