7th International Workshop on Radiation of High Temperature Gases
Institute of Space Systems
University of Stuttgart
Space Center Baden-Württemberg
Thank You to all participants for an exciting and interesting week!
Picture: Meteorite testing in IRS Plasma Wind Tunnel Facility
Loehle, S., Zander, F., Hermann, T., Eberhart, M., Meindl, A., Oefele, R.
The workshop is organized by the Working Group “Radiation of High Temperature Gas” (WG RHTG) settled by CNES and ESA. The workshop is sponsored by ESA Technology Directorate as well as ESA Science Directorate and by CNES through the Research & Technology program.
The meeting is devoted to promote a dialogue on the state of the art for simulation/modeling and experimental techniques of hypersonic radiating gas flows. In this frame, a limited number of test cases will be validated with respect to efficiency and accuracy of different methods and experimental approaches, for the determination of radiative heat fluxes encountered during atmospheric entry. It is foreseeable that new areas for future research will be indicated as a result of this workshop.
2016, the workshop will be held at the Institute of Space Systems (IRS) of the University of Stuttgart organised by the High Enthalpy Flow Diagnostics Group. The workshop takes place in the Space Center of Baden-Württemberg.
- Scientific and technical papers on:
- Non Equilibrium Chemical Kinetics
- Hypersonic Flow
- Plasma Emission and Absorption
- Numerical Simulation of radiative heat transfer
- Instruments, experimental techniques and facilities
- Flight Experiments
- Radiation Transfer
Invited papers of general interest for RHTG
- Test-cases, which are organized in three topics:
- Radiation emission & transfer databases and models
- Re-building of selected radiative emission and absorption experiments
- Numerical axially symmetric test-cases for non-equilibrium flow and radiation emission and absorption calculations
Preparation of future test-cases:
- Identification of suitable experimental results, relevant literature data and previous re-building activities
For further information please contact:
ESA/ESTEC, Keplerlaan 1,
2200AG Noordwijk, The Netherlands,
Tel.: +31 71 565 39 07
Fax: +31 71 565 54 21
E-mail : Lionel.Marraffa@esa.int
18, Avenue Edouard Belin,
31055 Toulouse Cedex, France
Tel: +33 5 61 28 15 51
E-mail : Julien.Annaloro@cnes.fr
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
30 September 2016 Abstract deadline
October 2016 Final announcement + complete program
21 October Workshop starts 14:00h
It is intended to waive the fees for all workshop participants. However, the number of places is limited. Therefore, applicants are strongly advised to pre-register shortly after second announcement by sending an e-mail to the organizing committee (Lionel.Marraffa@esa.int, with copy to Julien.Annaloro@cnes.fr and Luca.Ferracina@esa.int), containing their contact data with the subject “RHTG Workshop registration”.